Friday, October 5, 2012

The Experiment

After much anticipation, I am finally going to let everyone in on a little self experiment that I will be partaking in for the next 4 weeks starting on Oct. 8. I get a lot of people asking me about proper nutrition and when I advocate meats, fish, and other animal products, people tend to get weary because society has pushed "low-fat", moderate protein, and vegan/vegetarian trends for so long. This being said, I've decided to make myself into a living example that we, as human beings, are meant to eat MEAT! For the past three weeks, I've been dialing in my nutrition and yesterday I finally got my blood work done as well as recording my vitals and body weight. NOW, FOR THE NEXT 4 WEEKS I WILL BECOME A VEGAN! Then, I will retest and hopefully I can prove once and for all that what we consider a healthy lifestyle isn't so healthy after all. Saturday, I will be getting a "Crossfit Total" with a 1RM deadlift, squat, and overhead press which will primarily track whether or not I can retain lean body mass and, consequently, my strength over the upcoming month of mayhem!

No comments:

Post a Comment