Saturday, March 10, 2012

Wed-Fri, March 7-9, 2012

Wednesday 3/7/12:
*Did quite a bit of spontaneous jogging around campus if that counts for anything...
A) Swim Conditioning- 3x50m warm-up freestyle EZ, 3x100m freestyle on 2:30, 1x150m freestyle, 3x50m of 25m freestyle/25m back on 1:30, 1x50m freestyle kick, 1x50m back kick, 300m pull with pull buoy, 100m cool-down choice (breast)
B) Build up to 1RM bench w/ 50lbs of band tension and 40-50lbs of chains
C) 5rds- 7 squat clean thrusters of 35lbs DBs, 10 pull-ups

A) Swim class today was designed to gather some decent distance and that we did! I need to continue to work on the mechanics of my back stroke and be conscious of finishing each stroke on the freestyle.
B) 225lbs of bar weight+chains & bands
C) 3:56 *I had to do this in the rec center where the pull-up bars are coated in rubber pads that rotate and make for a sick grip torture device. For future note, I need to be weary of not losing lumbar curve when moving DBs.


Thursday 3/8/12:
*REST*
Rode bikes today with John McIntosh and Trent Stiles to The Cupboard to enjoy some nice organic munchies! Also, I was very adamant to mobilize my achilles, hamstrings, shoulders, lats, and thoracic region throughout the entire day in preparation for my attempt at WOD 12.3 of the Crossfit Open tomorrow.


Friday 3/9/12:
A) 18min. AMRAP- 15 box jumps @24", 12 push presses w/ 115lbs, 9 toes-to-bars
B) Hot-cold treatment at my beautiful girlfriend, Kayleigh Johnson's, apartments- 10min in hot tub, 2min in pool, 5min in hot tub, 5min in pool, 5min in hot tub, 3min in pool, DONE!

A) 10rds+6T2Bs=393 reps *Since the weather outside has been rather crappy, we decided to hit up Denton's local crossfit affiliate, Crossfit NTX, to film this brutal BEAST! Although the "push presses" apparently meant "shoulder to overhead, anyway", I did strict push presses the entire workout. I was hoping to at least crest low 400s in my reps but my poor performance on the T2Bs whenever I was extremely fatigued cost me quite a bit; more weaknesses to work on I guess!
B) COLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *I feel amazing the next day though:P


No comments:

Post a Comment