Sunday, March 4, 2012

Thur-Sat, March 1-3, 2012

Thursday 3/1/12:
*REST*
Today was the last day of my morning crossfit class and since the pinnacle of the fitness pyramid is learning and playing new sports, we played some indoor soccer today! It was the first time I've played in my entire life and, by-golly, I scored once! Aside from that, I focused my mobilization on every facet of my hips, lats, thoracic, and triceps to hopefully develop a better rack position for the barbell in my oly lifting. I also did a 5min EZ row and 5min EZ cycle at 8.5-9rpm's.


Friday 3/2/12:
A) AMRAP10:
30 snatches w/ 75lbs
30 snatches w/ 135lbs
30 snatches w/ 165lbs
MAX rep snatches for remainder of time w/ 210lbs
*After driving slightly over 300 miles collectively and sitting in the bleachers for hours watching my little sis rock her regional powerlifting meet (who qualified for state BTW), my psoas was extremely tight and admittedly had some favorable internal rotation in my shoulders. That being said, I was feeling rather anxious and HAD to get in the second crossfit open WOD so, following my rather intimate date with my lacrosse ball, foam roller, and jump-stretch band, I completed my second workout with success courtesy of Mark and his girlfriend, Brooklyn. Thanks guys!
A) 76 reps *Because the snatch is such a weakness of mine (as evident of the 5 additional reps I couldn't count), I will be working a lot on oly technique to supplement my training


Saturday 3/3/12:
A) Sled Pulls- 80m wide stance walk w/ 45lbs bumper, 40m wide stance walk w/ 2x45lbs bumpers, 2x40m narrow stance walk w/ 2x45lbs bumpers, 40m backwards drag w/ 3x45lbs bumpers
B) For Time- 100 DUs, 20 ring HSPUs, 40 KB swings w/ 70lbs, 80 abmat sit-ups, 40 pull-ups, 20 wall-climbs, 100 DUs
*1min REST*
C) Cash Out- 20 alternating pistols (one-legged squats)

A) Mark and did these with a small tractor tire and harness; the bumper plates fit perfectly on top of the tire. I will certainly be incorporating more of these in my workouts.
B) 14:27 *Did my first 100 DUs unbroken and went through the workout trying out multiple, very short rest periods such as doing 20 pull-ups and coming off for only a few seconds before hitting 10 more.
C) Ever since I injured my left knee last year in preparation for the crossfit open, my ROM hasn't been extremely great or comfortable when doing a pistol but, nonetheless, they might very easily show up in competition sometime soon so I need to start programming them in!

No comments:

Post a Comment