Wednesday, November 28, 2012

11/26-27/12

11/26/12
24hr FAST & REST
*After a long Thanksgiving break worth of eating poorly and highly sedentary behavior, Monday gave me a day to attempt to restart my digestive tract and get back to my paleo eating habits. Along with this revelation, I also will be backing off of the enormous amount of strength work that I've been doing lately and focus more so on a holistic approach to fitness that better translates to overall skill development, athleticism, explosiveness, and adaptability to the outdoors. For the next couple of weeks, I will be working out based largely off of listening to my own body on a daily basis. I miss rock climbing, swimming, moving odd objects, etc. and it's more than due time to incorporate these aspects of fitness back into my training. This being said, I will still be following a semi-structured strength program.
                                         ^(This is so awesome!)

11/27/12
A) For time: 10 to 1 strict pull-ups and 1 to 10 handstand push-ups between sets of pull-ups (5 burpee penalty for every time you either fall from the pull-up bar during any given set or come off of the wall during handstand push-ups)
B) 2RM snatch grip deadlift
C) 5x5 push jerk (clean from ground)
D) 10min bar muscle-up practice

A) 11:48 *The point of this workout was to go unbroken on as many sets as possible. I dropped from the pull-up bar twice and went completely unbroken on the handstand push-ups, leaving me with ten burpees immediately after the workout.
B) 365
C) 245


No comments:

Post a Comment